Scrapbooking Tools for Beginners
Recommended Scrapbooking Tools our Scrapbooking 101 Tool Kit:
1) 12” Cutterpede paper trimmer
2) Cardstock paper pack in an assortment of colors you like
3) Assorted patterned paper in colors complimentary to your cardstock
4) A tape runner or acid free glue stick (I use the 3L brand red tape runner)
5) A ruler (12" minimum in length)
Are the brand names important? I will say sometimes yes, but it is a matter of personal preference. If you like the look and feel of the Fiscars trimmer over Cutterbee than by all means buy that one.
Where can I find the tools? If you have a chain craft store like an AC Moore, you should be able to easily pick up all these items. If you are a savvy shopper you’ll make use of the 40-50% off weekly coupons to pick up your higher priced items. If you live in an area without this option you can find many items at on-line stores or on e-bay.
Be sure to see our tool substitution recommendations for scrapbooking tools before you buy tools you may not really need.